Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Same old



A few friends, just got reconnected. They've asked me, what has changed since last time we guys have seen each other. All of them are now partnered. One of them even had a kid. Then they threw the question to me...




"Jay, ikaw? what has changed? Kumusta ka na? How's lovelife?"

Then I replied...

"ah.. eh... ako?... same old same old. nothin has really changed. i'm still single."

Someone asked:

"weh.. ikaw pa mabakante? eh parang ang dami mo kakilala at kausap..."

Then I said,

"well yeah, marami ako kausap, and have met some people, pero it doesnt mean, it would start a relationship"

A friend laughed:

"hahaha utut mo, ikaw pa!" Ang choosy mo kasi!"

I told them,

"guys, com'on, dont put me on the hot seat, let's just eat."



Then we just went out and ate lunch. While I'm still thinking about the answer to the question, "why am I still single? After all, I'm not as bad looking naman, and I have a decent job and good boy naman"....

Have I set the bar too high that no one could ever pass?



sighs....




 Then I just kept silent for the rest of the day...



No comments: