Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Facebook



I have been thinking for weeks lately. Whether or not to keep my second facebook account. Yes, you are right, I have 2 facebook accounts. I had to separate my straight life from my "not so straight" way of living. It used be just one, when one of my gay friends commented to one of my posts that really struck me. Yes I am not out to my family. I'm just not so comfortable talking to them about it but I know they have a hint. 


Going back to this facebook account, I have roughly 2000 friends there, i would say 80% of them, I don't even know. I just accept whoever requests just so i can have as many friends as I can. Lately, I've been thinking about keeping it. Why? Because I don't see any benefits from it except a channel to flirt around. This networking site has been there and it's just making me immature as opposed to becoming a better person. I wouldn't deny the fact the facebook makes me busy, keeps me away from boredom, let me talk to new people and connect to my friends. Yes, I call them friends, are they really worth calling friends? Where were they when I needed one? And where was I when they needed me? I just really can't see the good thing about keeping it right now. 


Currently, it's temporarily deactivated. I'm still thinking......





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have more than 2 thousand FB friends and to be honest, I only know I guess 20-30% of them. I think it's fun to meet new friends online. I don't flirt (that much) but I'm in love with the fact that people are adding me and commenting on my status every now and then. So do not delete your other FB account, you'll find it handy some other time. haha. :P

jerkyboyx@yahoo.com said...

Life is short. The more time spent thinking about what to do is time lost doing things. Seize the day and just do what keeps you happy. Second-guessing the future is an exercise in futility. Nothing will ever be for certain and you can only know and control so much. That said, live life as if it were your last day today.

But that's just me.

",)

Ur_iTchiEness said...

well, i feel for you i also have 2 fb and FS accounts but i came to realize why tend to be someone else or have separate lives and or personality if you can just settle on a single unique one ayt? well just a thought...heheh..